September 13, 2008

Evacuation Vacation

Well, thanks to Hurricane Ike we decided to go to Dallas and stay with my second-cousin and his wife. They have two kids, a big screen TV, and a Wii, so the kids think this is great fun. Charlie and Giselle have been super hospitable and we even got our own room with a bed. Our house in
Baytown seems to be ok so far, just a blown-down fence. My parents house is ok, but has fallen trees on the roof. They say we will be without power for a couple weeks. Ouch! I hope not. I don't want to impose on my friends too long. Houston got hit pretty bad. Not sure about Will's work yet. We'll keep you posted...

5 comments:

Em said...

So glad to hear you guys are safe and well. I hope you are able to get back to your place soon enough and that everything is okay there. Thinking about you (and Lisa)!

The Mathews Family said...

Keep safe and good luck. We'll be thinking about you!
-Jessica

Cammy said...

Glad to hear you are all safe. We have been tracking Ike for a while now because originally we thought he would hit my sister in Florida. Unbelievable how much his path has changed since then. He is HUGE too! Crazy!

Anyway, I hope your power isn't out as long as they are predicting and you are able to get back home relatively quick even if the boys will be disappointed to leave all the fun.

Hey you can always come and stay with us if it turns out to be too long ;) Seriously, Abby would LOVE it! Take care and stay safe.

Love Ya,
Cammy

EmmaLee Robinson said...

I am so glad to hear that you are okay. Let me know when you get back. I hope everything turns out okay.

Bonni said...

Yay! I'm SO glad you're okay. Hurricanes are so scary and inconvenient, to say the least. Happy that Charlie and Giselle were available to host your awesome family. Next time you should all come to San Francisco!