June 9, 2008

I'm no Beetoven

I am taking piano lessons. Yes, I know I am a bit old for that, but I ain't gettin' any younger! No time like the present. I am just beginning to put the notes on the lines and sight-read. It is hard. I can't imagine playing all 4 parts at the same time- (Soprano, Alto, etc.) -and paying attention to the length of each note (quarter note, half note, etc.) ! I don't know how people do it! It will take me a long time to get there, but it is fun to learn new things. I am open to suggestions and tips, if anyone has any.

1 comment:

The Mathews Family said...

Good job Allison! I've always wished my mom didn't let me quit... (just like she said I would ;o)...) I've got a theory about reading all of the lines. I think you have to be really good at going cross eyed for your eyes to pick up all of the notes at once. Did I mention that I've never been able to go cross eyed?!
-Jessica